Friday, November 25, 2011

The story of a solo cycle ride from Lands End to John O'Groats in 1996

Article from the Evening Gazette 12-Jun-1996
I've finally started to transcribe my notes from my Lands End to John O'Groats solo cycle ride which I completed a mere 15 years ago. So this is the story of the journey faithfully transcribed from the notebook I used - no editing nor massaging. This is how I expressed myself at the time, usually on the evening sat in a camp-site, or even better, a bar!
As this was long before I had a digital camera, all the pictures are on 35mm slides. If I can dig them out and get them digitized, then I'll add them to the relevant pages.
So here goes, the story of how I managed to cycle from one corner of Great Britain to the other via some curious route choices. Some on purpose, others less so.

No comments:

Post a Comment