Tuesday, November 29, 2011

20-Jun-1996 - Day 3 - Tavistock to Willand

  • Day’s Distance: 52.8 Miles
  • Total Distance: 160.42 Miles
  • Travel Time: Around 6 hours
  • Average Speed: Around 10.0 Miles/Hr
  • Max Speed: 37.5 Miles/Hr
  • Punctures: 0

The worst day so far. From the word go my legs felt tired and just got worse. At Crediton I stopped to visit the loo and as I removed the cycle computer, accidentally zeroed it (which is why the travel time and average speed are only approximate). There is little to say about today other than “ouch” and “help”. I hardly noticed the countryside as I needed all my concentration just to keep the bike moving forwards at what seemed a snails pace. I should have stopped for something to eat at Crediton but did not and quickly regretted it. It is the first time onthe journey I’ve actually felt hungry (i.e. starving). I asked for directions at Tiverton tourist information and they directed me to Waterloo Cross. A strange caravan park which seems to be more residential than touring and has the strange feel of a council estate with gangs of kids hanging around outside the toilet blocks and men in oily overalls playing football. The toilets and especially the showers are filthy. I cannot bring myself to have a shower here, I preferred the rough and ready, ant filled showers of the Masai Mara in Kenya to these. One advantage is the pub next door which does a selection of passable meals.

Day 3 map (approximate route)


Ver mapa más grande

No comments:

Post a Comment