Wednesday, January 11, 2012

04-Jul-1996 - John O'Groats - Preparing for home

I returned from my morning wash and shave to find David with the family pitched next to me.  They had kindly offered both David and I a lift to Wick in the back of their camper van, which could fit all of us plus the two bikes.  I went to do some shopping for gifts and souvenirs before returning to strike camp and load up the van.

We then drove to the signpost where both David and the husband & wife had their official photographs taken.  We then said goodbye to Hannah who was going to catch the ferry across to the Orkneys.  The next 17 miles passed very quickly as we sped along the A9, passing en-route a group of people who were walking to Lands End with a donkey.

At Wick railway station we unloaded our gear and said goodbye and thank you to the family.  David got his ticket home and we said our goodbyes.  I then found myself a nice little B&B where I spent the afternoon relaxing, writing postcards and catching up on my diary.

I ate at a local hotel having king prawns in filo pastry followed by haddock with a mushroom and prawn filling.  I then returned to the B&B to settle down for a night of dreaming of my return home and reunion with María.

No comments:

Post a Comment